Rūta Dapkūnaitė is an anthropologist, who has completed MA in Social Anthropology at Vytautas Magnus University, attained the Southern Illinois University Certificate in Intercultural Understanding and currently pursuing her PhD on the topic of displacement of people through the anthropological perspective. Trained in social and applied anthropology, experienced in international relations, project management and development research, Rūta has professional experience in Lithuania, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Cambodia, USA. Her research interests include migration studies and refugees, the poverty concept in different communities, cultural diversity and differences, consumption and the consumer society, technological impact on society, kinship, human rights. Rūta is a member of Lithuanian Society of Young Researchers and the Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS) at Stanford University.
- PhD student in Anthropology, Tallinn University, since September 2018;
- MSc in Anthropology, University of Copenhagen, November 2016;
- MA in Ethnology/Cultural Anthropology, University of Tartu, June 2015.
Kalev Aasmäe us a Junior Research/Teaching Fellow at BICEPS and SSE Riga since 2019. He is a doctoral degree candidate at Tallinn University, Estonia. His dissertation topic is “The Role of Reciprocity and Exchange of Material Objects in Maintaining the Unity of a Squatter Community and in Increasing the Squatter Capital of the Community´s Members”. His primary research interests are Economic Anthropology, Community building, and Urban Space.
Phone: (+372) 5653066
Anna Elizabete Grike is a Junior Research Fellow at BICEPS and Junior Teaching Fellow at SSE Riga since 2019. Anna Elizabete Grike is a doctoral degree candidate from the University of Latvia. Her dissertation topic is “Borderland traditions: a case study in south-east Latgale”. With the expertise in qualitative research methods, Grike’s academic interests cover traditions, kinship, migration and onomastics. Grike is also a research assistant in the Latvian Language Institute since 2018.
- PhD student in Folkloristics, University of Latvia, since October 2018;
- MA with distiction of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Latvia, June 2018;
- BA of Philology, University of Latvia, June 2013.
- Traditions, kinship, migration, onomastics
Phone: +371 28844757
- PhD student in Economics, University of Latvia, since October 2019.
- Professional Master’s degree in Socio-technical Systems Modelling, Valmiera, 2009.
- Professional Bachelor degree in Information Technologies, Valmiera, 2007.
- Public services accessibility, GIS technologies
Phone: (+371) 22019443